Rob Nickell stumbled upon the concept of virtual assistants accidentally while struggling to escape the day to day grind of his own real estate business. Now almost ten years later, he has perfected how to hire virtual assistants and built a thriving business around helping others do the same.
Listen as Steve interviews Rob on how his company Rocket Station executes an astonishing 48,000 hours of workforce labor every WEEK for business owners all over the world - all done remotely in a virtual environment while maintaining a strong focus on culture and core values.
Research Note: A recent Gartner poll showed that 48% of employees will likely work remotely at least part of the time after COVID-19 versus 30% before the pandemic.
- Starting out in real estate, owning a job not a business.
- In 2013 when he was wholesaling in Houston, oil business changed and his business plunged. He knew then that he had to understand that he was just hustling.
- Understanding market cycles
- What it takes to make it as a real estate investor
- Recognizing the signs that you should pivot your business
- Understanding your PNL and factoring in time as money
- Starting a new business
- His first virtual hire was a lead manager, but he freaked out having someone else answering the phone. What he realized quickly, even if the person was 70% as good as he was, he was doubling his volume.
- Implementing systems and processes before hiring employees to scale your business
- Tips on training your employees (Loom)
- Documenting your SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- How and why you should hire someone to run your calendar expertly (it takes an average of 11 emails to schedule one appointment)
- Building trust with your virtual employee
- Tips on working effectively with your virtual assistant
Book Recommendation: eMyth
Rapid Fire Round
What Are You Afraid Of?
That my company isn’t moving fast enough
What I’m Most Proud Of:
Building a community of leaders to enhance lives through better business
︎ Contact Rob
(ask for EA workflow for supporting documents)